Excel-based models that are useful in this class. These models are associated with various class exercises. You must download the XLSX file to perform the calculations.
- Solar radiation incident on a surface (any slope angle, azimuth, time of day, or day of year)
- Site water balance for any location in the Wasatch Mountains (monthly and annual)
- Leaf temperature (any combination of climate and leaf coupling factors)
- Photosynthetic rate of a C3 leaf (based on Farquhar models)
- Canopy light penetration and photosynthesis (any distribution of leaf area and photosynthetic capacity)
- Carbon isotope ratios of C3 and C4 plants
- Plant growth